Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Product Review: EDGE PERFEXION 3 Stage Knife Sharpener



I was cautious about using a knife sharpener for two reasons:
  1. It sharpen really good but was dangerous to use
  2. It would be complicated to use, I would have to put in a lot of effort to use it and my knives would end of not being sharp


Neither one of those were the case thankfully, it was not dangerous to use being that it has built in safety features also my knives were sharp and I did not have to use much elbow grease to get my results. It also has safety feature by the base of it having a non-slip EVA rubber base, so you do not have worry about it moving while you are using it. I would also recommend you use it on a solid flat (non-bumpy) surface to avoid any accidents. Not only does it works but it is versatile in the types of knives that it works with, just some of the knives types that it is compatible with are the following:

pairing knife
carving knife
hunting knife
army knife
pocket knife
garden knives
It seems to handle all knives but the manufacture says that it does not work with serrated knives.


How it works

This is a two handed operation, the first hand I suggest your non dominant hand to hold on to the handle and then your dominant hand or strong hand to hold the knife that you are trying to improve by the handle to place the knife part that is closets to the handle (heel) at stage one slot and pull it back toward you until you reach the end (tip of the knife). For some knifes you will only use the outer two slots, the course slot and the fine slot. If you have a ceramic knife of course you will use all of the slots and of course the middle ceramic slot. 

So just to be clear you slide the knife starting at the part closets to the handle, back toward you all the way to the end (tip) of he one slot then another. Also do not worry if you are doing it wrong there is no specific angle needed in order to reach good results.
In order to check it I had a piece of fruit next to me and gently ran over it to see if I should run it through again, if so I just washed off any residue of the fruit, dried it and did the process again until I reached the desired amount of sharpness.Can be purchased at http://www.amazon.com/EDGE-PERFEXION-Stage-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B01AI864JY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage.  I received this product at a promotional discount for testing purposes and an honest & unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment