Sunday, February 28, 2016

A note on Learning

Source: www.thecouponcentsation.com
First of all I started this blog to share my opinions and any wisdom along the way in regards to savings, coupons and do it yourself crafts, recipes, etc. I am a stay at home mom who believes in being active all year around. That did not just start once I became a adult, even in my youth I was into everything. As a youth I was active in the school and the community and area churches. I always had that sense of life that it needed to be experienced and whether or not you have finances or not there is a whole world out there that can be enjoyed. 

Truthfully some of the most adventurous times I have had in my life has been when I was low on finances or literally had not one dime in my pocket. So if I had adventurous when I was flat broke and a youth you know being a adult I would continue and maybe even improve that way of life. Most people will exclude themselves from events and sit around the house depressed because they do no have the funds to purchase anything at lets say a county fair, not me. 

One example is one time when my older two kids were toddlers we were living in Chicago, IL and a music festival which is a free event was scheduled and we had no monies. We did not even have bus fare to get there, we packed a lunch and walked all the way there. We brought water bottles for our drinks and a blanket in cased it rain, which it did. Did we have the time of our lives, yes we did actually it turned out that would be the last Gospel Music festival in a public park of Chicago. What if we had stayed home because we did not have funds to go to neighboring restaurants once the festival was done? Our decision that day to not let our present circumstances determine or make our decisions was historic, we did not find out until later that was the last gospel festival outdoors. You never know the people that you may meet or the connections or better yet the information you could find out by not limiting yourself. 

If it is one thing I would say someone reading this post is do not limit yourself due to lack of finances, I would work on your mind and thoughts first then your financial then how tot manage them. The reason that I say it in that order is, working on your mind first allows you to enjoy life even while you are working on your goals. Have you ever seen people who say or heard of people who say I'll be happy when I achieve this or that? Then turns out that they are either not happy once they get there or they make another goal and do not even take time to celebrate reaching the first one. All I am saying is we all are just trying to make it day to day, whether you have a income or not. I have had really good paying jobs and not had any job but I have always kept the same mentally which is to be as efficient as possible. Where people usually get in trouble is that when they go from not working for a long time to working they go out and buy a whole lot of stuff that they have been wanting. 

The problem is they do not use discipline to find the best deal or make a plan so not to spend up all of their funds. For example, one time I had not work anywhere for a whole year it had started getting to me mentally. I was thinking man will I still have what it takes when I find a job, I was asking myself what is relevant in the secretarial world. I have been doing administration work since I received my first work permit in high school so no matter the industry I work for, for profit and non for profit I have always done administration. Low and behold I found a job, and may I add it was unintended networking. I went to a summer festival and a older woman saw my family eating sandwiches which sparked up a memory of when her kids was younger. Then she started talking about how proud she was of her daughter working at this prestigious place, ask me where I work I said I was unemployed and she said how her daughters job was hiring.

My life strategy is be as efficient as possible with your resources to make sure that they are allocated correctly. Some of you may say well that is the problem I do not have any resources or I am very limited, well maybe the problem is not with the resources but how you think of them. Did you count time as a resource, well if you did not then you are thinking too big. Start out with what you do have, do not wait until you have more money to spare the you will start couponing or saving. I have been a resourceful person since I could remember and not afraid of failure or asking questions. 

If you just keep at it you will eventually find your own personal groove and once you find that then will be unstoppable. Each person has their own thing and their own way of doing stuff that works for them, as you start reading blog articles and books you will probably hear of thousands ways to do the same thing. It is up to you to find what works for your personality, budget, or your way of life and do not be afraid to cut and paste. To let say get one pointer from one person and another from another person rather than their whole strategy. I for one believe that we should all be the best that we could be in whatever state we are in, no matter the situation you are in. This is the best time as any to start learning saving methods, with the economy the way it is there is a abundance of information out there. 

Source:roryvaden.com

 Happy learning/discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment