Thursday, February 18, 2016

Product review: E-Book How to Monetize your blog



Name of Book: How to Monetize your blog
Author: Luke Weil
Length of book: under an Hour

I have not listen to a book on tape or an e-book in a long time. I guess it depends on the type of book but for me I am old fashion. There is something about the physical book experience that I almost feel cheated when listening to an e-book. The look of it, is it brand new and shiny from being undiscovered or do you have to take special care of it due to it's being the main attraction for long while. The sound, does the pages crack as you turn due to the type of material it was printed on or does it whistle because the paper weight is light as a feather. The feel of it, is it slick and thin or rough and thick. The condition, is there a treasure map left by the previous reader with little nuggets left in various places of the page. Then there's the content, you can make your own treasure map with a physical book but I digress.

There are also other reasons that I have been against e-books I know myself and how I learn generally I am a visual learning. In school I always ask the teacher for a copy of the visual presentations in order to follow along. For some reason it seems like my brain clicked when I had it in my hand and also I could write notes instead of trying to reproduce the graphic on the board then write down the lecture about it.

I have to say was pleasantly surprised with this book, I guess it help that I am interested in the subject matter. The voice was easy to listen to and he articulated well so I could just sit back and enjoy the information being spoken instead of trying to start and stop the tape to guess what was being said. There are also introductions and transitions so that you can stop wherever you want and come back and not feel like you have to start all over.

It is not a rosary story of someone reading off strategies off the internet they found and pieced together in a book. I do not like someone lying to me unless it is fiction story. Any how to book or self help book should at least do research to make sure the stuff that is being said is fairly accurate. Of course everyone's results will vary but do research first. This author seems to have done the research and plugs in nuggets from their own journey as a beginning blogger.

I found it easy to follow along being that it has a logical sequence. The outline of the strategies make sense for the order that they are in. It was like as soon as I thought of another step or question in regards to the current chapter they were taking me to that topic as if they read my mind. As stated earlier it is not a rosary story, he fully lays out the pros and cons in terms that a new blogger can understand.

Lastly it is interactive read or listen as it is a E-book. An example from the book that I particularly like is when he says to without going to your favorite recall their advertisements. Count how many there are in your head and where they are placed. OK now go on over to their webpage and see if you were right. If there are more there than you originally thought then this means that they are place well, a good use of space. This was an exercise to use to make sure that your own blog does not have ads placed all awkwardly making your readers not want to come back. Guess I have said enough about the book without giving away all of its content so it is under an hour so why not. In that time you can better your blog while vacuuming, lets see which one gets done first.

Received this e-book for free/Heavily Discounted for my honest and unbiased review, un-compensated . This product which I highly recommend if you are a blogger or thinking of starting a blog and want to navigate the waters of money making, it can be purchased at a affordable price at https://ideamensch.com/luke-weil/ . #LukeWeil

No comments:

Post a Comment